We have finally made it through the first week of school! It has been exciting, new, fun, and AWESOME! This week we participated in many different activities surrounding different attitude words. We focused on being respectful, principled, communicators, caring, and being risk takers.
Some of our favorite activities this week were:
- Passing notes in class: We communicated special things about ourselves by writing it down on paper and passing our papers around. We learned that you don't always have to talk to communicate.
- Bubble letters: After reading "Chrysanthemum" we wrote our names in bubble letters and inside each letter we drew something that represented us.
- Classroom library- we were excited about learning about our class library because there are a lot of books to read. There are many different genres to read and learn about.
- Started math with problem solving: It was fun to read and use the clues to answer the problem.
- Writing in journals- we started to write about our lives after we made Heart Maps where we added different things about our lives
- Decorating notebooks- We enjoyed getting a chance to be creative. It helped us by adding pictures of family because it made us think about those people.
- Imagination activity- "Not a Stick", "Not a Box"- After reading one of the book we were all risk takers by taking either and eraser, hockey puck, or cube and using our imagination to turn it into a new object. Our eraser turned into magic eraser, a phone, and a remote. The cube turned into a house, a box full of diamonds, and a dice. The hockey puck turned into a motorcycle tire, a football, and a hamburger.
It has been an enthusiastic week, we are looking forward to next week and our next blog post!