In reading we finished learning about the characteristics of folktales. We learned about legends, myths, fairy tales, and fables. We have started learning how to summarize nonfiction text. We have read "The Hallelujah Flight", "Wolves", and "The Presidency". We learned that to summarize nonfiction text you need to use a main idea chart. Then you use the main idea and supporting details to make your paragraph.
In math we have been focusing on solving multiplication by using tables. We have discussed ways we will use multiplication in real life. Ask your child how they can use it in their life!!
In social studies we are using the cultural heritage interview to research our past. We are using what we learned to make cultural heritage dolls. Some things that we have learned are:
- Where are grandparents are from.
- The German flag's colors stand for a black eagle with red claws and beak and golden field.
- The Mexican flag's emblem is a bird on a cactus eating a snake.
- In France they eat snails called escargot.
MINUTE TO WIN IT!!!
Our review of our game is....
- J.E.- Devin and Maddie played "defying gravity"
- D.H.- We played breakfast scramble
- H. O.- Defying gravity was kind of hard
- D. J.- It was a fun game
- M.A.- Breakfast scramble was tricky
- A.R.- A Bit Dicey was really hard because if you move then the dice fall off the stick
-A.F.- When we did the puzzles I picked the Trait Words puzzle piece
- S.B.- I played defying gravity and it was fun because I have ninja like reflexes
- M.M.- It combined 2 of our favorite things, reading and games
-E.H.T- I liked the breakfast scramble because it was the front of a box I had not seen so it was difficult the first time. Then I memorized it and tried it again and got it
- B.W.- I played don't blow the kings. It was difficult because when you tried to blow the other cards off, the kings fell off too.
Post a letter to Ms. Pair on the blog. Include what do liked or disliked about Minute To Win It. If you disliked something tell me what you would want to try differently to make it better/ more interesting/ more exciting. In the letter include one thing you did this weekend or something that you are looking forward to!!
Have a great weekend! :o)
Don't forget to bring your Holiday Party supplies by Wednesday!! Pictures of Minute To Win It are coming soon!!
|Reading with partners|
|We love to read!|
|"Don't Blow the Kings"!! Doing a great job!|
|Can you get all of the cards off the table excpet the kings?|
|Get those cards off that table!!!|
|Working on a puzzle piece!|
|"Defying gravity" by keeping the balloons off the ground|
|Working on our puzzle|
|Our Minute To Win It board|
|Trying "A Bit Dicey" out!|
|What a great puzzle solver!|
|Solving the scramble|
|Partner reading work in class|