Welcome to our class blog. Our blog will be used as a tool to keep you updated on what we are doing in our classroom through reflections of classroom experiences, celebrations, and classroom news. Students will have opportunities to complete fun activities from the Blog that relate back to classroom learning. Please check the blog weekly as I will be using it to update you on classroom information as well!







Monday, August 22, 2011

Before the BIG day!!

After talking to many students on Friday night, I realized that my summer vacation was rather unexciting compared to all my students. I heard many beach stories from South Padre, Galveston, Florida...etc and realized that I needed to do something fun too! I spent my last weekend visiting friends in Dallas. We went to the Dallas Aquarium on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful aquarium! If you have never been before, it is a big open space where birds and fly free and you see monkeys climbing the trees around you. What I found really cool were the manatees. They were HUGE! We were able to go down a couple of levels and look into the tank where they were kept. They would swim along the glass, almost like they were showing off to all of us observers. Another exhibit that I thought was really interesting was a tunnel that you could walk through that went through the shark tank. There were Hammerhead sharks and Sawfish. Here are some of the other interesting animals I saw:
They remind me of "Mr. Popper's Penguins"!

I love owls. This one is just beautiful.

He was in a big glass tank by himself. Scary!!

He was posing and playing around. He was definitely the entertainer in his cage!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! I hope everyone had a fun and realxing last weekend of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment