We are a little late getting our blog post out, but late is better than never! We have been really busy in our classroom this last week!
- We have learned about a part, part, whole chart and using it to help us determine addition or subtraction in problem solving
- We have been using place value to help us add numbers
- We learned about using "hairy money'. It is a strategy where coins get hairs based on their values. Each hair has the value of 5, pennies are bald!!
- We have been learning to use our schema to help us make inferences in the text. We learned that our schema is our background knowledge.
- We have been inferring the meaning of new words by looking at the text clues and using our background knowledge.
- We started the novel "A Cricket in Times Square". We are using the novel to help us better understand our unit on economics.
- As a class our goal is to read 5 Bluebonnet books so we can all vote. So far we have read:
" Waiting for the Magic"- we are in the process of reading!
- We have been working on writing leads for our timeline stories. Today we got to do a fun activity called "Writing Musical Chairs".
As a school, each class is learning about a university and making a project for the school. We researched North Carolina State University. We learned that you can go to school there to be an engineer. Ms. Pair's dad went to NC State and received an engineering degree!
Go to the website below to learn about a university of your choice. For the BLOG BONUS post on the blog the most interesting fact you learned and the school name.
I learned that you can go to Texas State to be a teacher.