Reminder: Next week we will only have school Monday and Tuesday due to Thanks giving break. Be looking in your child's homework folder on Tuesday for a special assignment!!
Also, we are still in need of play doh donations!
In math we have started learning about multiplication. In multiplication we have a number of groups and a number in each group that is the same. We played a game in the classroom where we had to make groups with each other based off of the groups and number of groups that Ms. Pair called out.
In reading we have been reading expository text (nonfiction) and learning about cause and effect, fact and opinion, sequencing, and main idea.
In science we have been focusing on learning about the different parts of our summative project. We have spent a lot of time learning about levers in the classroom. We are going to be launching Angry Birds next week using a lever to see how force, motion and energy are all connected. Today we even played Angry Birds and discussed how our knowledge of force, motion, and energy helps us play the game!
1. Cut out a picture from a magazine, newspaper, or you can draw your own.
2. Decide if the picture you found is the cause or the effect.
3. Draw the matching picture. For example, if the one you found is the cause, draw the effect. If the one you found is the effect, draw its cause.
4. Write down the cause and effect sentence that matches the pictures.
5. Use the information and examples below to help guide your thinking!