Reading and Writing- We are learning about how to's. We have learned the features of a how to. We are each writing our own how to. Ask me to teach you!
Science- We are focusing on force, motion, and energy. We are going to be making our own LIVE angry birds course where we have to apply what we have learned about force, motion and energy to reach some goals. Here are pictures from our Roller Coaster investigation where we focused on force, motion, gravity, and energy.
|Challenge: Can you make the ball go over one hill?|
|Can you make the ball go through one loop?|
|Figuring out how to make the ball go through one loop!|
|WE DID IT!!|
This weekend record down the four forms of energy (mechanical, light, sound, and thermal). Record down 2 examples of each form that you used or observed this weekend. Also, record down 3 ways you used force this weekend.
1. Thermal: __________________________ ______________________________
2. Light: ____________________________ ________________________________
3. Sound _________________________ _________________________________
4. Mechanical _________________________ _____________________________
1. I played soccer. I used the force of pushing by kicking the ball.