Conferences are coming up Oct. 10th. Reminders will be sent home again!
Reading: This week we spent our time learning about cause and effect. We learned that a cause happens first and then the effect happens. We identified 4 cause and effect clue words: because, so, since, and then. We read stories like "The Story of Ruby Bridges" and "Jimmy's Boa and the Bungee Jump Slam Dunk."
BONUS!! This weekends Blog Bonus is to create the following:
Since Lexi spent all day playing in the snow, she caught a cold and had to stay inside.
Because mom had to run and get the phone while making lunch, it cause Lady to jump on the table and eat lunch.
1. Find an interesting picture from online, newspaper, or magazine.
2. Cut it out and decide if it will be the cause or the effect.
3. Glue it on the cause side if it is the cause, or glue it on the effect side if it will be the effect.
4. Next brainstorm what caused the picture to happened or what the effect of the picture is. Draw in the matching picture on the opposite side of the glued in picture.
5. Label the sides "cause" and "effect"
6. Record your cause and effect sentence to match the pictures. Circle the cause and effect clue word
**Make sure it is colored!
Your reward for completing this will be held secret until Monday! If you have questions, please post them and I will respond back ASAP!
Our chart from class that we used while learning about cause and effect:
Math: In math this week we became experts on round numbers to the nearest ten and the nearest hundred. We learned to use the strategy of a number line or what we call a tree strategy. Its always important to know the two tens or the two hundreds a number comes between!
Our rounding chant: "0, 1, 2, 3, 4 hit the ground and touch the floor. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 climb the vine!"
Social Studies: This week we discussed Free Enterprise. We talked about what jobs we could do to earn money. We discussed why we save money as well. We read about different entrepreneurs and learned about how the started their businesses. Next week we will be creating our own business plans!